Together For Better Life (TFB) is a charity that based in Glasgow. It supports people from Africa and The Middle East in Scotland. TFB has been awarded funding from the Big Lottery Fund for the project Women’s Club for three years, and inviting applications for the following post.
Job Title: Project Officer
Job Hours: 12 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with time off in lieu for occasional evening or weekend working
Accountability: Project Manager
Salary £15000 (pro rata 12 hours)
Duration: one year, including three months’ probation period, and then subject to the funding and performance (negotiable)
Purpose of the Post
The Project Officer’s main function is to manage the day-to-day activities of a project. The Project Officer will also assist in development of, and support a range of flexible, creative and responsive community-based initiatives for the services users and reports to the Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the provision of good quality project delivery:
- Publicity of the project activities
- Recruit and organize service users
- Ensure delivery of the activities in the planned time scale,
- Translation or interpretation as requested,
- Participate in assessments and reviews of the project,
- Provide information: raise public awareness about the service also other support agencies and give information about other existing services and facilitate access to other agencies/resources.
- Participate in development of, and support a range of flexible, creative and responsive community-based initiatives for the services users
- Report to the project manager,
- Service Planning: provide information and reports regarding service activity to contribute to the service planning
- Development of the project: identify gaps in the service provision and encourage the development of effective, high quality innovative services.
- To ensuring monitoring and evaluation processes are in place to record progress towards achieving project outcomes
- Establishing, supporting and managing volunteers
- Any other reasonable request within the capability of the jobholder.
- This job description does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required from employees in this role. TFB reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post-holder at any time according to the needs of the organisation’s business or through learning from the implementation of the project.
- Person specification Essential:
- Experience in the voluntary or community development
- Experience of delivering group work
- Good English communication skills
- Good communication ability
- A commitment to maintaining very high standards of confidentiality
- Good IT skills (word processing, spreadsheet database, and email)
- Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity
- An understanding of the additional and specific human rights issues faced by EM women in Scotland
- Work independently on your own initiative
- Work as part of a team
- Take part in appropriate training as required
- Represent and uphold Together for Better Life ethos
- Good Arabic communication skills
- A community development qualification
- Awareness of the harm of abusive cultural practices
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation
- An understanding of mental health issues
- An understanding of voluntary sector funding
- Support and motivate other people
- Job description to be reviewed after three months in post
- Closing date for applications: Friday 14/09/2018 at 17:00 Interviews will be held on week starting 24/09/2018
- Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone/Whats: for more information 07392415005